This spicy avocado-based sauce can be a great appetizer and often even a side dish for fish or meat. The dish is Mexican, but it is known and loved in many countries of the world. Guacamole is especially popular with vegetarians and for good reason: only fresh vegetables and herbs are used in its preparation. What ingredients are the basis of the dish and what can be used to “dilute” its flavor?
How to make guacamole?
Of course, Guacamole is prepared differently everywhere, adding different ingredients or varying their amount in their own way, but the base is the same: avocado, lime (easily replaced with lemon) and salt.
Today we will try this combination, which I think is the most successful.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Number of servings: 1
- Calorie content: 160 calories
- Fats: 15.6 grams
- Proteins: 1.7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 6.9 grams
Ingredients for guacamole:
- ripe fresh avocado
- lime (or lemon)
- hot green or red peppers
- sweet green peppers
- red onion (can be replaced with shallots, with ordinary onions, guacamole will have a very sharp aroma and taste, in my opinion)
- cilantro (coriander) greens
- freshly ground black pepper
- a drop of Tabasco sauceо
- olive oil
How to make Guacamole — step by step recipe:
- Peel the avocado, remove the pit, and chop it randomly. Drizzle with lemon or lime juice, generously, so that it does not darken.
- Dice the onion.
- Peel and chop the tomato finely.
- Peel the seeds from the peppers, both sweet and hot, and chop them.
- Finely chop the garlic and cilantro.
- Put all the guacamole ingredients in a blender bowl and grind.
- Pepper, salt and add a drop of Tobasco, a little olive oil and a little more lime or lemon juice.
- Grind everything again in a blender until smooth. The guacamole is ready!
Of course, you can use a fork, knife, and mortar if you prefer, but in the case of a blender, it’s just faster and more convenient. Adjust the spiciness of the guacamole to taste, and don’t forget to taste it in the process. Serve with fish, meat, chips, or simply spread on bread as desired.