Grilled shrimp on skewers are good because they are prepared in a few minutes, the dish looks attractive and very spicy on the taste, thanks to the marinade with the addition of garlic. How to prepare the marinade and properly prepare the skewers before use?
Recipe: Grilled or grilled prawns
Shrimp with garlic on skewers can be cooked both outdoors – on a barbecue or grill, and at home. To do this, you will need a special grill pan.
Read also: Salad with arugula and shrimp
If you have already decided that you will please your guests or relatives with this delicious appetizer, then do not forget to dip the skewers in cold water for 15-20 minutes beforehand. This way they will not burn on the grill or frying pan and will not spoil the flavor of the shrimp.
Ingredients for shrimp kebabs:
- large shrimps
- parsley greens
- soy sauce
- olive oil
- ginger root
- freshly ground black pepper
How to prepare grilled shrimp:
- Rinse fresh shrimp, defrost frozen shrimp. Peel, leaving only the tails behind.
- Prepare the marinade: Mix soy sauce, finely minced garlic, chopped parsley, ginger root and olive oil. The proportions are according to the number of shrimp. There should not be too much marinade.
- Lower the shrimp into the prepared marinade, mix well and leave for 20 minutes in a cold place.
- Meanwhile, heat up the grill or charcoal grill. If you will be cooking on a grill pan, heat it up for a few minutes just before the marinating time is over.
- Thread the marinated shrimp onto skewers 3-4 at a time, depending on size.
- Fry the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through. If more – you can spoil the appetizer with a rubbery taste, so the specified time will be enough.
- Place the cooked shrimp with garlic on a plate. If desired, you can sprinkle a little lemon juice on the shrimp.
- The grilled shrimp are ready!