Although gazpacho soup is traditionally considered a summer dish, it is no less relevant in the fall, when vegetables are in season. When fragrant fleshy tomatoes and an abundance of sweet red peppers are ripe, be sure to prepare this simple and insanely delicious vegetable soup. What variants of gazpacho preparation exist and what ingredients will give the soup a special piquancy?
How to make gazpacho soup: step-by-step tomato soup recipe
Of course, there are as many variations of gazpacho as there are people who want to make this soup. In Andalusia, the homeland of gazpacho, each hostess prepares it in a completely different way, with her own secrets. The main thing that unites all soups is the tomato base. The further variations are completely different.
A little secret: After cooking, be patient and let the gazpacho stand in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours to get a richer flavor. Believe me, the result will be worth it!
Energy value of gazpacho soup:
- Calorie count: 125 calories
- Fats: 8.5 grams
- Protein: 2.3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 9.7 grams
Cooking time:30 minutes
Number of servings: 6
Ingredients for gazpacho:
- 7-8 large fleshy tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 large red sweet peppers
- 1 sweet onion
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- оливковое масло
- 2 tbsp. wine vinegar
- cold water or tomato juice
- white bread without crust
- favorite greens
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
Gazpacho: classic recipe for cooking at home
- Peel the tomatoes from their peels and stalks. To do this, make a cross-shaped cut on them and dip them in boiling water for 30 seconds. Then transfer to a container with cold water or better with ice and peel immediately.
- Peel the cucumbers from their skins and chop coarsely.
- Clean the sweet peppers of seeds and inner membrane and chop coarsely.
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- After that, whisk all the ingredients in a blender. If the blender bowl is small, simply divide all the products and whisk them several times in equal proportional portions.
- Add wine vinegar, salt, freshly ground black pepper and a little olive oil to taste.
- Then dilute the gazpacho with cold water or ready-made tomato juice to the desired consistency. Taste constantly and add more liquid to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients well and leave in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- In the meantime, let’s prepare the croutons. If you like them, of course. Cut white bread into cubes and dry in the oven.
- Pour the gazpacho soup into plates. Add a few spoonfuls of olive oil to each and stir.
- Add herbs to taste. Anything. Dill, parsley, basil, mint. Whatever you like.
- Add crispy breadcrumbs. Again, optional. Classic gazpacho is ready!
How to make gazpacho original?
If desired, you can supplement the classic gazpacho recipe with non-traditional ingredients. Add a few drops of lemon juice and finely chopped cucumber and sweet pepper or seafood — shrimp, squid, octopus, crab meat or mussels. Experiment with flavors and proportions and the result will surprise and delight you!
© Photo: passportto, elguardaposts, bellasbanquet, themuffinmyth
Read other interesting recipes: