Autumn is the season of pumpkin. It is used to make porridge, casseroles, and desserts. Today we are going to make pumpkin puree soup. Various versions of this dish are cooked all over the world. Depending on the region, each recipe has its own peculiarities. Fruits, vegetables, spices, cereals, cheese, milk or cream, broth, and even wine are added to it. How to make pumpkin soup and what recipe is popular in Asia?
The history of pumpkin cream soup
Pumpkin (Cucurbita in Latin) is a genus of herbaceous plants of the pumpkin family. The homeland of the edible pumpkin is Central America. More than three thousand people eat it. In modern Europe, pumpkin appeared in the 16th century and immediately gained popularity. Unpretentious in cooking, pumpkin is perfect for stewing, baking and, of course, making delicious soup. Each country has its own pumpkin cooking style. For example, in Europe, pumpkin is often used in baking, while in Asia, people like to make sweet desserts.
Pumpkin puree soup recipe
The soup is prepared very quickly. The whole process takes just over 25 minutes. Ginger, nutmeg, cilantro, and coconut oil will add spice to the Asian pumpkin soup. Before cooking, the pumpkin must be peeled and seeded, washed and cut into small pieces.
Читайте також: Рецепт Халасле — угорський рибний суп
Energy value of pumpkin cream soup:
- Calorie content: 180 calories
- Fats: 13.9 grams
- Proteins: 3.7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 12.5 grams
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Number of servings: 4
Ingredients for Asian-style pumpkin soup with cream:
- 1 kg of peeled and chopped pumpkin
- 1.5 liters of hot water
- a small piece of peeled ginger root
- 2 large onions (preferably white salad onions) or 4 leeks (white part)
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- a small bunch of cilantro (or parsley)
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- soy sauce
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- a pinch of nutmeg
Pumpkin cream soup with cream. Tricks and secrets
- If you don’t want to waste time peeling the pumpkin, be sure to look for peeled pumpkin in vacuum packaging that is already on sale. This way, the process of making pumpkin puree soup will take you much less time,
- coconut milk can be replaced with 20% fat cream in the recipe,
- Choose denser fruits for pumpkin soup with cream, so the puree will not be too watery,
- If desired, you can bake a peeled pumpkin and add it to the pan at the stage of frying the onions until transparent,
- The finer you cut the pumpkin for cream soup, the faster it will cook.
Asian pumpkin puree soup with cream. Recipe and cooking steps:
- Pour the pumpkin pieces with hot water, bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is almost ready.
- Chop the onion, ginger, and garlic and fry in olive oil until the onion is transparent for about 5 minutes.
- Add the resulting mixture to the pumpkin and cook for about 5 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and puree the soup using an immersion blender.
- Add coconut milk, a pinch of nutmeg, freshly ground pepper and soy sauce to the pumpkin soup to taste.
- Mix again with a blender.
- Return the pumpkin soup to the fire and heat it up.
- Pour the Asian-style pumpkin soup with cream into bowls and add cilantro or parsley.
Make pumpkin cream soup right now, because the season is in full swing!